Due to an overwhelming response to our program & to unforeseen personal medical reasons (upcoming surgery), we have had to make the difficult decision to close our application system as of 4:00PM, Friday, December 2nd. We are currently sitting at 113 applications & ask for your patience as we work hard at getting everyone called as quickly as possible. Applications will be called & filled in the order they were received. If you have any questions, please feel free to c...all us at 217-625-2281 Monday-Friday 9:00A - 4:00P.
In order to get as many applications filled as possible, we may implement a pick-up program vs home deliveries. Further info will be forthcoming.
We continue to seek volunteers for both processing incoming donations, preparing deliveries, as well as delivery help. To volunteer with us, please call us at 217-625-2281, post below, or email us at email@example.com
In order to fulfill as many applications as possible, we will continue accepting donations until further notice. Current needs are:
Please watch our Facebook page, as well as our website for further information/updates.
Thank you & God Bless.
Trees With Love
Share Joy. Share Love. Share Hope.
"One tree at a time"
PAWNEE, Ill. (WICS) — A couple from Pawnee is giving new meaning to the season of giving.
Through their trees with love foundation they're helping provide food and Christmas trees to families in need.
Newschannel 20's Jenn Sullivan introduces us to our November Pay It Forward winner.
For many struggling families in our area, the joys of Christmas are overshadowed by the choice of buying a gift or being able to afford the utility bill.
"It wakes you up and makes you appreciate what you do have," said Matt Crocker with the Trees with Love Foundation.
It's a Christmas tale that goes back a few years when Matt Crocker and his wife overheard a little girl asking her mother for a Christmas tree.
"The mother basically replied in a roundabout way that they couldn't afford it," said Kathleen Crocker, Trees with Love Foundation.
From there Trees with Love was sprung.
"It's kind of our way of giving back and bring a little Christmas joy at this time."
The Crockers began collecting trees and ornaments for families in need. As word spread, so did the demand.
"Everything they do they never really think of themselves," said Kristin Taylor who nominated the Crockers. "They're some of the most selfless people that we have ever met, and they're so humble."
Last year they made 69 deliveries and this year they're on point to break 100.
"When you get the trees and take them in the house and see the smiles on the kids' face it just makes it all," said Matt Crocker.
Their operation has expanded to include food and toys as well; paid for out-of-pocket or through donations.
"It tugged at my heart and made me aware of the need out there," said Kathleen Crocker.
The need is so great they now accept applications from people who live within a 35 mile radius of Pawnee. Through this they've learned a simple gesture of giving can have a lasting impact.
"We just wanted to share God's love one tree at a time," said Matt.
Which is why they've been chosen as this month's Pay It Forward winner.
"On behalf of Hy-Vee and NewsChannel 20, we'd like to present you with this $500 check."
We are now accepting applications!!!!
Trees are available at no cost to families living within a 35 mile radius of Pawnee, IL AND have at least one child under the age of 18 residing in the home. One tree per household, every four years.
To request a tree:
Complete application online at: http://bit.ly/2erDo9M
Download application at: http://bit.ly/2dWuIWI *Fax completed application to: 866-803-2915 OR mail to: Trees With Love / 913 Madison St / Pawnee, IL / 62558
To have an application mailed to you, call or email *see below for contact info
Deliveries will begin Saturday, Nov 5th & end Dec 21st, or until our inventory has been depleted. Due to the nature of our ministry (donations only), we cannot guarantee everyone a tree. Trees & decor are available on a first come, first serve basis only, and only as available. One tree per household, every four years.
Trees With Love
Phone: 217-625-2281 (Mon-Fri 9A-5P)
Seeking volunteers for the following:
- Tree Check - Each tree needs to be assembled , checked to ensure it is complete & safe, then disassembled & boxed for delivery.
- Remove non-working lights - Snip non-working lights off of pre-lit trees.
- Lights - Untangle lights, check for safety & re-bag for delivery.
- Ornaments -All ornament donations need to be sorted, checked for safety.
- Wreaths - Re-decorate donated wreaths. Some pics, ribbon, etc provided. Feel free to bring your own supplies
- Delivery boxes - After decor has been sorted, boxes are then packed for delivery. Each tree is delivered w lights, decor, 1 tree skirt and 1 topper. Persons at this station will be packing these boxes.
- Delivery - Help deliver trees to families. Delivery season runs Nov 5th - Dec 21st, typically weekends only. For safety reasons, all deliveries must be made in groups of at least two (No solo deliveries). Families are welcomed!!! Areas covered are a 35 mile radius of Pawnee (you can choose your preferred delivery location). Emails will be sent weekly to solicit volunteers for that weekend. You simply reply if you can help deliver that weekend. Tree pick-ups will be in Springfield, IL at Hope Church (3000 Lenhart Road) OR can also be picked up in Pawnee.
To volunteer, call or email us today!